I've had Orly's Nailtrition for quite some time now so I think it's the perfect time to give you a review on it. Nailtrition is for weak, peeling / flaking & splitting nails. If you find your nails can't get past a certain length without splitting this might be something you'd be interested in. Before using this product I had very weak nails that I could easily bend and I grew tired of breaking a nail every 2 weeks or so. The peeling on my nails was horrendous and weakened them incredibly. I had to find a treatment that worked, and after reading many reviews, I bought Nailtrition.
Week One - Apply 1-2 coats daily. Remove at the end of the week.
Week Two - Repeat.
Repeat 2 week programme as necessary, waiting one week before reapplication.
I have tried doing it this way, but I find it very hard to live without a colour on my nails. So instead, I use this a base coat under any polish I decide to use. Orly do claim this is a good base coat and will still work under regular nail polish.
- Nailtrition has a pink-y / clear shimmer shade by itself. More coats, more colour.
- It has a lovely purple rubberised handle allowing an easy grip and comfortable to hold
- The drying time isn't too bad - a few minutes
- Nails feel considerably stronger and not as bendy or peel
- Free of DBP, Formaldehyde & Toulene
- Can be used as a base coat or alone
- Can leave a bumpy surface / texture which can be seen through nail polish on top - therefore not the best base coat for an even finish.
- Contains Collagen, Wheat Protein, Keratin & Bamboo Extract
- Supposedly makes nails grower quicker
- Brush is a little on the skinny side - a thicker brush would be more appropriate for even coverage
I haven't got photos of my nail condition before because I was so eager to get it on and see the results, but from this photo below you can see my nails aren't peeling anymore and no breakages! Breakages are still going to happen especially as I'm always bashing them on things, but they are generally stronger and less susceptible to breaking.
I've now come to the last dregs of my beloved Nailtrition and after I've posted this I will be buying some more. My nails need this product in their life & I'm very happy with the results it has given. Before, I couldn't grow all my nails to a nice long length without at least one cracking / splitting or chipping. Now, my nails are getting healthier by the day which is amazing considering how often I paint and remove them.
Do consider buying this if your nails are in a similar condition to how mine were as I'm sure this will work for you too. If you've tried other related products to this please do let me know in the comments as I would love to compare them!
Thanks for reading!